Monday, March 29, 2010

Tragic Memory




Once I had a horrible experience while my oldest son was a new born baby, my wife’s sudden screaming woke me up around midnight. I could hear her screaming “SNAKE, SNAKE, SNAKE!” I quickly jumped out of the bed, and ran to her in the corner of the room to try to understand what was happening. She shouted” don’t move, you will step on the snake, there in front of you.” I was in shock and I was worried at the same time. I tried to take charge of the situation and control myself so I could help my wife. She yelled “it went into the baby’s room.” Immediately when I heard her say something about the baby, I gathered myself together, opened my eyes and saw the huge black snake raising its head and crawling towards my baby. As soon as I saw the snake heading for the baby, I forgot about everything around me and quickly ran towards the snake to kill it or at least prevent it from doing any harm to my son. I could see the snake was in a confused state as well. My wife was crying as the snake got closer to my sons bed. I quickly grabbed the snakes’ tail, turned it around and grabbed a piece of metal as the snake was attempting to escape to safety. Likewise, I was also doing everything I could to save my baby’s life too. I attacked the head of the snake whacking it a few times. Of course, I didn’t know I was whacking the head until I heard my wife shout “Stop, stop. You killed it.” After a short period of time I realized that I had just saved the lives of my wife and son. Whenever I remember this tragic memory, I hope I will never have to be in that situation again.

2 comments:

selena.ma said...

I was scared after I read your story. You are a brave father. Your son and your wife are lucky to have you. However, I think that you should not catch the snake's tail. It's very dangerous. I think you better cacth its head.

selena.ma said...

Hi Moe,

I was scared after I read your story. Your are a brave father.Your son is very lucky to have you. However, I think that you should not catch the snake's tail because it is very powerful. It can bite you very easily so you should catch its head.